Toward an Asian American and Pacific Islander Thriving Campus

The APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Program is available to UCI students through a partnership between the Office of Inclusive Excellence and the Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund (APIASF).

“I would like to thank the APIASF foundation for providing me the opportunity to continue my formal education at the University of California Irvine,” said scholarship recipient Amy Diem Bui.  “With aid from the foundation, I am one step closer to fulfilling my career goal of becoming an educator.”

“I am grateful for this opportunity,” said scholarship recipient Van Kim Bui.

This partnership between the Office of Inclusive Excellence and APIASF is part of an effort to build capacity for UCI as an Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) thriving campus.

Significant milestones toward this effort also include:

• The U.S. Department of Education names UCI an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI)
  • The U.S. Department of Education awards UCI an AANAPISI Title III Part F grant
  • The Office of Inclusive Excellence hosts Akil Vohra, UCI alumnus and Director of Strategic Initiatives at the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (WHIAAPI)
  • Vice Provost for Academic Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Douglas Haynes convenes a campus-wide AANAPISI Task Force
  • The Office of Inclusive Excellence and Student Affairs partner with APIASF to host the largest Jump Start College Tour to date, an event designed to increase access to higher education

On June 20-21, 2018, the Office of Inclusive Excellence will participate in the 9th Annual APIASF Higher Education Summit in Washington, D.C.