UC Irvine Academy for Inclusive Excellence
The theme of the day-long academy is “Inclusive Pedagogy”. The morning's featured presenter will be Dr. Susan Carlson, Vice Provost for Academic Personnel and Programs at the University of California Office of the President. We will be joined in the afternoon by Dr. L. Song Richardson, Interim Dean of UC Irvine School of Law.
As the event approaches, check back for updates on speakers, presentations, and additional resources.
Program and Schedule
Registration will begin at 8:30 am with programming from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
The morning session will consist of:
- Inclusive Pedagogy & Equity Advisors with Vice Provost Douglas Haynes
- Roles and Responsibilities of DECADE Mentors with Associate Director Professor Roxane Cohen Silver
- View related article: Without inclusion, diversity initiatives may not be enough (Science, 2017)
- Morning Keynote "Informed Decision-Making for Faculty Recruitment and Retention" with Vice Provost Susan Carlson
The afternoon session will consist of:
- Breakout sessions
- Faculty Recruitment and Retention Best Practices with Vice Provost Douglas Haynes and Faculty Salary Equity with Vice Provost Diane O'Dowd
- Graduate Education Diversity and Retention with Vice Provost Frances Leslie
- Afternoon Keynote "Inclusive Excellence and the Challenges of Implicit Bias with Interim Dean L. Song Richardson
- Panel Discussion: DECADE Mentors - A model to improve graduate education
The event will be held in Emerald Bay AB at the UCI Student Center.
For general driving directions, please see the map.
Parking will be in the student center parking lot located on Pereira Dr. For specific directions to the parking structure, please click here.
After exiting the parking structure, you will see the student center across the street. Please see this map of the student center to find Emerald Bay AB.
Please check back after the event to complete the post-event evaluation.