Diversity Planning Resources & Tools
Assistant Vice Chancellor for
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
UCI Office of Inclusive Excellence offers several resources and tools to support the development, implementation, and assessment of school, unit and program diversity plans. Regardless if your focus is on one program and an entire unit or division, considering these resources, ideas and templates will help launch and enhance strategies that support systemic changes in inclusive excellence.
At UCI, there are several key contacts for guidance and information to support inclusive excellence and diversity or inclusive excellence action plans. The materials generated by key contacts provide insights about aligning diversity plans to the broader strategic directions. These leaders include central and unit leaders, and colleagues tasked respectively with advancing diverse faculty and student recruitment and retention such as the unit Equity Advisors and DECADE Mentors. These lists are suggested as examples only, so you may have additions to share. If so, please send to: email@example.com.
Important readings and tools are provided through resource centers on and outside of UCI as well. In addition to offering templates for communicating diversity plans, these resources provide evidence-informed approaches to measuring and refining progress.
Readings and Tools
- Diversity Plan Template package JAN 2020 v.4 FILLABLE
- Academic Planning Outlook & Program Planning - steps in the program planning and development process
- Academic Senate Review Processes for Academic Programs - includes policies, forms, and process steps
- Academic Program Development resources from the Graduate Division - includes policies, contacts and other information
- Association of American Colleges & Universities VALUE (Valid Assessment of Learning in Undergraduate Education) tools - includes evidence-based VALUE rubrics
- Association of American Medical Colleges Diversity Toolkit
- Bensimon, E.M. (2004). The Diversity Scorecard - A learning approach to institutional change.
- Hubbard, E.E. (2004). The Diversity Scorecard - Evaluating the impact of diversity on organizational performance.
- NIH Scientific Workforce Diversity Toolkit