This is What a Scientist/Engineer Looks Like
Students, faculty, and staff supporting student learning in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (STEMM) all are invited to an interactive conversation on mentoring.
Undergraduates and graduate students, as well as faculty and staff engaged in supporting STEMM students, will find the session and discussions about upcoming in-person training informative.
Winter 2022 Session - Mentees and Mentors Matter!
Join Us – 12 PM-1:30 PM on Friday, February 11, 2022!
Celebrating the International Day of Women and Girls in STEMM through:
- personal narratives from dynamic mentees and mentors
- skill building from evidence-based, interactive activities from the nationally-recognized Center for the Improvement of Mentored Experiences in Research (CIMER)
- free and open to students in STEMM and the faculty and staff supporting them
- RSVP at: https://uciadvance.wufoo.com/forms/r1n8u2mh0q1o82j/
VIEW Picture a Scientist!
Thank you for your consideration and many thanks to colleagues at the Center for Translational Vision Research for sharing this access with us!
EVENT: FEB 19
This Is What a Scientist/Engineer Looks Like –
February 19, 2021 | 12 p.m.-1 p.m.
Virtual Forum via Zoom
“Focus on Resources and Mentoring”
Brief Talk by:
- Atena Zahedi, UC President’s Postdoctoral Fellow, UCI Sue and Bill Gross Stem Cell Research Center and former participant in the NSF Integrative Graduate Education and Research Traineeship
Q&A with UCI Contacts
Join us February 5, 2020
“Making Mentoring and Internship Connections”
Brief Talks by:
- Cheyenne Chavez and Sharon Hsu, co-presidents of UCI Women in Information & Computer Sciences Club
- Kayleigh Anderson-Natale, postdoctoral and professional development manager in the Graduate Division
- Stacy Branham, assistant professor in the Department of Informatics, Donald Bren School of Information & Computer Sciences
Q&A with UCI Contacts from:
- Office of Access & Inclusion
- Division of Career Pathways
- Graduate Division
- UCI CAMP (California Alliance for Minority Participation)
- UCI SAGE (Students Achievement Guided by Experience) Scholars
- UCI UROP (Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program)