Best First Friday (BFF): Black & Asian Feminist Solidarities – 3rd Reading Group ♥
Friday, Sep 3, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Join the X Black Womxn Daily, AAPI Womxn in Leadership, and Academic & Professional Women for a Best First Friday (BFF): Black & Asian Feminist Solidarities – 3rd Reading Group event scheduled for Friday, September 3rd (12pm – 1pm pst).
We hope that in an effort to build community, attendees prepare for the event by reading the article from the Asian American Writers’ Workshop Black and Asian Feminist Solidarities below. The event is not designed to be a passive event – we hope attendees come ready to listen, share with each other, and build a community of trust. This event is designed as a community space to share reactions and dive into themes that will expand our conversation and thinking. It is not intended to be an academic discussion. This event is hosted by X Black Womxn Daily, AAPI Womxn in Leadership, and Academic & Professional Women at UCI, but all are welcome.
Please prepare for the discussion by reading the following article prior to the event:
- Constellations of Care: On Small Scale Solidarities: https://aaww.org/constellations-of-care-on-small-scale-solidarities/
- 12:00pm – 12:05pm Welcome
- 12:05pm – 12:10pm Introductions / Community agreement
- 12:10pm – 12:45pm Breakout pod discussions
- 12:45pm – 1:00pm Group closing
Please note: you do not need to identify as Black or Asian to join in this conversation. We welcome everyone and anyone interested in sharing and learning from one another.
Through this event, we hope to:
- Reimagine how we put discussed topics into context in the UCI environment
- Come up with action items we stand by as a collective group
- Brainstorm ways to build the community we want to see
- Create a space for care and support, but also find space to strategize ways to dismantle oppressive structures together