DTEI Teaching Workshops for Graduate Students & Postdoctoral Scholars | Circle of Voices: Strategies for Creating and Inclusive Collaborative Learning Environment ♥
January 26 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- This event has passed.
Circle of Voices: Strategies for Creating and Inclusive Collaborative Learning Environment
- Wednesday, January 26th, 10:00 am – 11:30 am PST via Zoom
- In this workshop, participants will discuss benefits of and applications for using different types of collaborative learning activities. Drawing on participants’ experiences as well as relevant research literature, we will also explore challenges that may arise from using collaborative learning exercises, especially in the context of creating an equitable learning environment. We will then examine strategies to mitigate those challenges and help students work toward inclusion when engaging in collaborative learning activities.
- Facilitator: Fran Tsufim, Senior Pedagogical Fellow, Department of English
- Click here to register for this workshop
- This workshop partially meets the requirements for the “Collaborative Learning” module for the Certificate in Teaching Excellence.