End Racism Initiative | Dismantling Systemic Racism Working Groups – Kickoff Meeting and Information Session
Friday, Dec 11, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- This event has passed.
The campus response to our grassroots initiative to dismantle systemic at UCI has been incredible.
- More than 250 faculty, staff, students, and alumni have signed up to take an active role in work groups addressing systemic racism at UCI
- Six work groups were created based on feedback from town hall meetings
- Through the Office of Inclusive Excellence Spirit Grant program, we will be able to provide facilitation training for work group leaders
There is still time to sign-up for a work group.
We will officially launch the Dismantling Systemic Racism work groups on December 11 from 1-2 p.m.
Register below to receive Zoom login details.
During the kickoff meeting we will discuss:
- organizational features of the working groups;
- community guidelines for engagement;
- process for selecting group leaders;
- planned facilitation training for working group leaders to ensure inclusive dialogue; and
- the Black Thriving Initiative and opportunities for hiring, training, and engagement.