Queer and Present Danger Understanding the Disparate Impacts of Disasters on LGBTQ+ Communities ♥ ✚
Thursday, Dec 2, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Queer and Present Danger
Understanding the Disparate Impacts of Disasters on LGBTQ+ Communities
This webinar will feature findings from a new study that explores how and why LGBTQ+ communities are impacted legally, psychologically, physically, and even theologically during disasters. The Director of External Affairs at the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will serve as discussant.
- Leo Goldsmith, Climate and Health Specialist, ICF Consulting, and Graduate Researcher at Yale University
- Vanessa Raditz, Co-founder, Queer Ecojustice Project, and Graduate Researcher at the University of Georgia
- Kevin Blanchard, Director of Disaster Risk Reduction Dynamics
- Michael Méndez, UC Irvine Assistant Professor of Urban Planning and Public Policy
- Justin Knighten, Director of External Affairs, Federal Emergency Management Agency