Town Hall on Immigration Issues and White House Chinese Graduate Student Restrictions
Thursday, Jun 4, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- This event has passed.
UCI Office of Global Engagement is offering a town hall from 12-1 p.m. on Thursday, June 4 as a follow up to address concerns about President Trump’s recent proclamation that bars entry to the U.S. for some international graduate students and postdoctoral researchers who have links to certain entities in China and who are in specific fields of study.
Register today for an access code: https://forms.gle/soGpwkGrH87ZrQpHA
The event will feature industry and UCI leaders discussing the latest news about immigration issues affecting universities and answering your questions.
- Tom Bogenschild, Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA) Advocacy Chair
- Alberto Sandoval, Senior Director of Community and Government Relations, UCI
- David Ware, Immigration attorney specializing in higher education
- Anna Wimberly, Director, UCI International Center
- UCI International Center
- Graduate Counselors in Graduate Division – Phong Luong at email@example.com and Elizabeth Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCI Counseling Center
- UC Advocacy Network