UCI SEA Change Quarterly Meeting ♥ ★
Thursday, Feb 10, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- This event has passed.
UCI STEMM Equity Achievement (SEA) Change
This program aims to realize systemic transformation and continual institutional improvements in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (STEMM) fields. We align to the broader American Association for the Advancement of Science SEA Change program and its goals to remove norms that pose barriers to diversity, equity, and inclusion in STEMM.
UCI SEA Change partners across the campus and Medical Center to conduct responsive research, offer engaging training and events, and institutionalize best practices for inclusive professional development and institutional change.
The UCI SEA Change planning team and multiple UCI partners embark on an action to:
- Broaden STEMM outreach and pathways to a diverse professoriate
- Deepen the use of best practices for hiring diverse faculty
- Promote and increase diverse leadership in STEMM
- Improve access to and the development of robust metrics for tracking STEMM diversity experiences
- Develop, recognize, and institutionalize effective mentoring practices for diverse student and faculty retention