Guidance for Graduate Programs
Assistant Vice Chancellor for
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
The Coordinating Committee on Graduate Affairs (CCGA) is a standing committee of the Academic Senate of the University of California. Their guidance requires that all graduate degree proposals include the following related to contributions to diversity:
- A vision for how the program will advance UC’s goals for diversity and
- A plan that details what steps the program will take in its first five years to move it toward the identification, recruitment, and retention of under-represented minority students and faculty.
The resources on this page provide templates and tools for use in proposal development. Please review these materials before scheduling a consultation appointment with the Office of Inclusive Excellence.
For Academic Programs Submitting Diversity Plans
See more on the Resources & Tools page
- Academic Planning – Outlook and Program Planning information
- CCGA Handbook
- Graduate Division’s Academic Program Development resources
- UCI Academic Senate program resources
- Steps to Plan, Implement, and Evolve suggested by Damon Williams
- WASC Senior College and University Commission Equity & Inclusion Policy