Inclusive Excellence Certificate Program
Today, UCI is more diverse than it was in 1965, when the campus opened to welcome students, staff and faculty. But, is it more equitable and more inclusive?
The Inclusive Excellence Certificate Program equips the campus community – faculty, students, and staff at both the main campus and medical center – to appreciate UCI from the vantage point of different campus constituencies. Participants who successfully complete the core course, UCI as a Minority Thriving Campus, plus one of the elective courses, either Wellness or Community, will receive an Inclusive Excellence certificate.
For faculty, this certification aligns with APM-210 (e.g., contributions to diversity). For students, it provides an opportunity to develop a set of career readiness competencies through group discussions (e.g., communication, teamwork, and intercultural fluency). Staff and students who complete the program will be eligible to apply for support from an Inclusive Excellence alumni fund.
In spring 2020, the following courses will explore different aspects of equity and inclusion during COVID-19.
- UCI as a Minority Thriving Universitycore course (Spring Section 1) | Tuesdays, 9:00 am – 10:00 am, 3/31 – 6/2
- UCI as a Minority Thriving Universitycore course (Spring Section 2) | Wednesdays, 9:00 am – 10:00 am, 4/1 – 6/3
- Wellnesselective (Spring Section 1) | Wednesdays, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, 4/1 – 6/3
- Wellnesselective (Spring Section 2) | Thursdays, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, 4/2 – 6/4
- Communityelective (Spring Section 1) | Mondays, 9:00 am – 10:00 am, 3/30 – 6/1
- Communityelective (Spring Section 2) | Thursdays, 9:00 am – 10:00 am, 4/2 – 6/4
Participants are eligible to register for up to three courses. All sections meet in an alternative, online format.
There is no cost to participate in this program.